First impressions are important, and that’s why this slide complex is the first one to greet riders as they make their way out of the Locker Rental area into Wildwater Kingdom. This mammoth 70-foot tall water slide complex makes a statement with the two “striking” intertwining tubes of Lightning Falls and the double camel hump of Cascade. Grab a single tube and challenge your friends to see who can make it through the adrenaline-inducing twists, turns, and tunnels to the 4-foot deep splash pool below. The name “Lightning Falls” isn’t by coincidence, as riders will experience lightning-fast speeds as they make their way down the tube slide. Opened in 1990, each slide is more than 450 feet long and takes its riders through twists and turns that can only be experienced on Lightning Falls. This attraction can supply an adrenaline rush of pure thrill and excitement for riders over 54” tall.
Guests must be 54" tall in bare feet to ride
Maximum Weight – 275 lb. per rider
This ride accommodates one single rider per tube.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A complex of two separate serpentine slides that twist and turn and drop the rider into a 48 inch deep splash pool.
- Riders are required to maintain proper riding position and center of gravity - seated in the middle of the tube, facing forward, and holding onto the handles.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Forearm casts, full arm casts, braced arm casts, foot or lower leg casts, full leg casts, cervical collars or neck braces, or broken collar bones are not permitted.
- Access to the attraction requires climbing 90 steps with a tube to reach the loading platform. Guests will have to ascend the slide tower and be capable of safely entering the tube, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting as the tube may shift. The tube and surrounding area may also be slippery.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.