Upcoming 2020 Entertainment Auditions have been postponed until further notice.
Our Entertainment department is casting talented Costumed Characters, Attendant Hosts, and Lighting/Audio Technicians for our 2020 season!
- Show and Meet & Greet Characters (Height Requirement: 4’5”- 5’3”), Attendant Hosts
Entertainment Technicians and Stage Managers/Supervisors
- Costume, Lighting & Audio Technicians and Prop Fabricators
PEANUTS™ Meet and Greet Characters
Dorney Park features the PEANUTS™ family of characters. All applicants must be between 4'-5" and 5'-3". Previous experience in children's theatre, character costume performance, and related experience is helpful but not required. Must be physically able to handle the demands of working in a full body costume, including heat, limited visibility, and limited mobility.
PEANUTS™ Character Performers
All applicants must be between 4'-5" and 5'-3". Previous experience in children's theatre, character costume performance, and related experience is helpful but not required. Be prepared to learn a dance combination. All performers please provide a head shot & one page resume. Must be physically able to handle the demands of working in a full body costume, including heat, limited visibility, and limited mobility.
Entertainment Technicians, and Stage Managers/Supervisors
Interviews will be conducted for experienced sound operators, lighting operators, scenic carpenters, scenic painters, prop fabricators, and costumer positions. Interviews will be held on Audition Dates on a first-come, first-served basis. Please bring a one-page resume and portfolio (if applicable) with references.
Frequently Asked Questions
General Audition Information
- The minimum age for all Entertainment performers and technicians is 16. A limited number of positions for 15 year old applicants are available in the costumed character department.
- Employees will be paid only for shows completed, unless cancellation is due to adverse weather conditions or technical difficulties. During rehearsal periods, long hours and a 7-day work week for all personnel are generally required.
- WORKING HOURS: A musician/performer work day includes approximately 4-6 shows per day varying in length from 15 to 35 minutes each, plus any necessary rehearsals scheduled by the production staff. Working hours and days off vary according to show assignments. After the shows are open, technicians work approximately 48 hours per week, with shifts dependent upon theatre assignments. Costume Shop personnel work 7 days during production weeks until all of the shows are in, and then work approximately 48 hours per week. Peanuts Characters may be asked to perform at special functions as needed in addition to their regular work week.
- It is the responsibility of employees who use personal property as a part of their performance to maintain such property in good, usable, condition throughout the season. Entertainers should arrange for insurance coverage on such items as Dorney Park is not responsible for loss or damage to personal instruments or equipment.
- Dorney Park will furnish costumes, shoes, and a limited supply of socks/tights. Performers may need to supply their own make-up, under direction of park management (show dependent).
- To help maintain Dorney Park’s public image, certain grooming standards have been established which apply to all employees. In particular for men: hair must be neatly trimmed and styled at all times, not to extend below the top of the collar, be over 2” in height, or cover more than one-third of the ear. Sideburns may not extend below the bottom of the earlobes and may not widen out. Beards and mustaches may be worn if maintained in a neat, trimmed manner. Males are not permitted to wear earrings of any kind. Tattoos are also prohibited in certain locations on the body for both men and women.
- Schedules are determined at time of hire and cannot be altered for individual convenience (i.e. days off for weddings, graduation, etc.)