River rapids can be an unpredictable force of nature, and when you’re riding down Thunder Canyon, you’ll find a raft ride that is full of powerful rapids that plunge through the rocks of this cavern. Take your entire family on a white water rafting expedition as you navigate down this 1,640-foot-long river in an 8-person raft. These fast moving waters have their own plan for a path. Its driven goal: Get as many people wet as possible. Thunder Canyon contains 8 hidden geysers and 14 not-so hidden waterfalls – so there is no avoiding getting drenched on this wild water adventure. The real fun is guessing which side of the raft will be soaked first around the next bend in the river. It could be your side, or the other side, or everyone! Trying to stay dry on Thunder Canyon would be a hard task, as this wild rapids attraction pumps out 112,000 gallons of water per minute.
Guests must be 46" tall to ride
Maximum Weight - 1,200 lb. per boat
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A family water ride where riders travel in rafts along a man-made river full of rapids, geysers, canyons, and waterfalls. Rafts float and bounce down high‑speed rapids, often rotating rapidly after impacting with the bank of the river. Riders may get soaked.
- An individual seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up and over the side of the ride unit.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Watch your step, as the ride unit may be slippery and wet.
- The maximum step width on the boat is 16". Maximum seat width is 24.5". Maximum step height into the boat is 9.5".
- CAUTION: Boats may bump into the side of channel and other boats.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.