RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Get ready to take a high-speed “flight” through a figure-eight pattern on this old fashioned wooden roller coaster. Originally named “The Coaster,” ThunderHawk is a classic favorite.
- Opened in 1923 – making it Dorney Park’s oldest roller coaster
- Re-christened "ThunderHawk" prior to the 1989 season.
- Was originally constructed as an “out-and-back” roller coaster, but was reconfigured in 1930 with its present figure-eight pattern, a lengthened trip, and an increased height of 80 feet.
- ThunderHawk is the oldest operating Philadelphia Toboggan Coaster (PTC) company coaster with under wheels. It is also the second oldest operating PTC coaster in the world.
- Designed by Herbert Schmeck
Height Requirement: 48"