RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Let the power of Possessed compel you onto this dueling-tower suspended impulse coaster. Enjoy new levels of excitement as the twisted, inverted steel scream machine launches you both forward and backward as you dangle beneath 704 feet of U-shaped track. Possessed puts all who challenge it under its spell to ride, and ride, and ride again.
- Opened May 23rd, 2008 – was the first suspended linear induction impulse coaster in the Northeast
- The Linear Induction Motors (LIMs) send riders rocketing from one tower to another, taking them to new heights of velocity.
- Possessed riders will twist 360 degrees as they ascend 185 feet up one end of the massive structure then rise at a 90-degree angle in reverse at the opposite end.
- The coaster has endured four name changes in nine years, operating as Superman: Ultimate Escape (2000-2003 at Six Flags World of Adventure in Aurora, Ohio), Steel Venom (2004-2006 at Geauga Lake in Aurora, Ohio), Voodoo (2007-2008 at Dorney Park), and Possessed (2009-present).
Guests must be between 52" and 78" tall to ride
Maximum weight - 900 lb. per coach
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A suspended impulse roller coaster using linear induction motors to launch riders both forward and backward. Riders will experience changes in speed and direction, weightlessness, and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness secures each rider over the head and across the chest. The shoulder harness has seatbelt that connects to the side of the vehicle.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests who do not have appropriate center of gravity must have sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride restraint system adequately restraints them.
- NOTE: Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Ride Services prior to waiting in line or riding.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- The maximum seat width is 17". Maximum step height onto the seat is 31".
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.