This American classic is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. From sights to sounds and experience – no matter your age, everyone can enjoy the Antique Carousel! Hop on your favorite horse or circus animal, let the music take you back in time, and get ready to take a spin on this historic park attraction. Let your imagination go wild - whether you become a jockey on a majestic horse, tame a fearless lion, or become a warrior on a fighting chariot, this ride will set your imagination on fire. This Dentzel Carousel Company carousel is Dorney Park’s second oldest ride as it opened in 1921, and takes its riders 360 degrees in a circular motion again, and again and again. Be sure to take in the intricate artwork, carvings and designs that make the carousel a sight to see the whole ride around. So - bring your friends, bring your family, and climb aboard the Antique Carousel.
Guests must be 46" tall to ride alone OR be accompanied by a supervising companion. Hand held infants must ride in a chariot.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- A Carousel featuring a 66 piece menagerie and two chariots. The outer most row of horses are stationary while the inner rows move up and down.
- Children under 46" must be seated in a chariot or ride on the outer three rows of horses and be held by a supervising companion who is standing on the platform between the horses.
- Guests must have the ability to straddle the ride unit. Guests unable to straddle the ride unit must be seated in a chariot unit.
- Guests who do not have independent seated postural control, an appropriate center of gravity, be able to hold on with one functioning arm and one functioning leg, demonstrate appropriate observed behavior, and hand held infants must ride in a chariot with a supervising companion.
- Riders with a full leg cast must be seated in a chariot.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up onto a platform.
- The maximum seat width for the chariot is 38". Maximum step height for horse access is 30.5" from stirrup to saddle.
- Service animals are permitted to ride on the ride platform or chariots.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.