Want to know what it’s like to be suspended atop a 10-story building? This elevator-style drop ride dangles you for what seems like an eternity until you plummet – without warning – down 60 feet in about two seconds of true free-fall before experiencing the deceleration g-forces as you enter a pull-out curve and end lying down.
- Opened July 8th, 2010
- Passengers board Demon Drop at ground level into a four-person car that moves horizontally to the base of the tower. The car then climbs to the top of the tower in only six seconds!
- Once at the top, the car slowly inches forward into the drop area.
- A computerized run-out braking system slowly stops the car, which is then returned under the track for the next daring passengers.
- Demon Drop was originally located at Cedar Point in Ohio.
- Height: 131 feet
- Vertical Drop: 60 feet
- Freefall: 2.5 seconds
- Total Descent: 99 feet
Guests must be 48" tall to ride
Rider Safety Information
- A tower ride where riders ascend the tower in a car that is dropped in a free fall at high speeds. Riders will experience the feeling of weightlessness and elevation change as they ascend and descend the tower.
- A shoulder harness secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- NOTE: Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Ride Services prior to waiting in line or riding.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping down and over into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- The maximum seat width is 15.5". Maximum step height into the vehicle is 10".
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.