Charitable Ticket Donation Requests
Thank you for your interest in Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom's Charitable Ticket Donation Program.
Our donation request period for the 2018 operating season is closed.
We will begin accepting donation requests for our 2019 operating season on February 1st, 2019.
Requests not submitted through this form will not be considered. We are unable to make charitable contributions to the same organization in consecutive years. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your requests to be reviewed and processed.
Prior to submitting your request, carefully read the information below to determine if your organization may be eligible for a charitable donation from Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. If your organization meets the criteria, please submit the online donation request form during the designated donation period.
Resources for this program are limited and guidelines are strictly enforced. Charitable contributions are managed as investments that support societal needs in our communities where substantial numbers of active and potential employees and patrons live and work.
Dorney Park makes ticket donations, discounts and grants to tax-exempt, not-for-profit organizations as defined under Section 501 (c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code. Typical donations are two to four complimentary admission tickets per qualifying request. Dorney Park is able to make donations to qualifying organizations that are raising funds to directly support one or more of the following causes:
- Economic development, environment, culture
- Programs that improve employment skills
- Community revitalization/development/improvement efforts that work to keep our communities clean, safe and enjoyable places to live
- Includes preschool, grades K-12 and higher education
- Youth development and education programs that appreciate the value of education and creativity. We support those organizations that are committed to opening children's minds and hearts to the power of ideas.
- University contributions are focused on student body recruitment, education diversity and programs that include community benefits.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES:
- Organized disaster relief efforts that directly contribute to or work in relief effort areas
- Organizations delivering health and human services in Dorney Park's communities
- Community support programs that work to ensure availability of food, clothing and shelter
- National organizations that address key issues of interest to Dorney Park can be eligible at a local or regional level
- National organization with chapters or branches throughout the country solicit our support each year (i.e. American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, United Way, Muscular Dystrophy Association, etc.) Due to the vast number of requests received, we try to support national and regional organizations or efforts on their behalf in our local surrounding area. There are some organizations that do not solicit donations in our own community and therefore we do consider these requests outside of our local community. As each organization is eligible for only one donation per year, we are unable to support individual fundraising teams.
If a greater number of tickets is needed, a deeply discounted charitable ticket price may be considered. The above are guidelines, Dorney Park recognizes that there are other opportunities for contributions that do not fit these areas of focus. There will be times when exceptions are warranted and will be made at the discretion of the program administrator.
Due to the large number of requests we receive, we can only grant one donation request per organization or cause within a given year and we do not contribute to the same organization or group in consecutive years (with few exceptions).
The Charitable Donations Program does not support:
- A commitment beyond three to five years (unless a specific strategic rationale exists and the contribution is reviewed in three years)
- Endowed chairs
- Capital campaigns
- Event sponsorships
- Legislators, political events or campaigns
- Sectarian organization whose program benefits are limited to the members of one religious group
- Incentives or rewards for staff members being honored for their volunteer services for the organization
- Student incentives or rewards for good behavior, good attendance, or program participation at school
- Individual fundraising teams (National organizations with chapters or branches throughout the country solicit our support each year, i.e., American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Muscular Dystrophy Association. etc.). We try to support national and regional organizations or efforts on their behalf in our local surrounding areas. As each organization is eligible for only one donation per year, we are unable to support individual fundraising teams.)
For reference, you may download a copy of Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom's Charitable Donation Program policy.