Tired of selling candy bars and magazine subscriptions? Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom has a great fundraising program that may work for your non-profit organization. By spending a day working at the Park, non-profit organizations can earn money and have fun at the same time!
The Booster Bucks Fundraising program allows non-profit organizations to volunteer as a group at Dorney Park. Groups participate by working in an assigned position in the park. We can accommodate groups ranging in size from five to twenty people. All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age or older.
Donation to Your Group
We donate money based on the number of volunteers who complete their shift.
- Fridays: $125 Per Person ($150 Per Person With Bonus!)
- All Other Days: $80 Per Person ($105 Per Person With Bonus!)
At the time of confirmation of your group, we will ask for all the names of individuals who will participate from your group. Full participation by all members of the group will earn you an additional $25 per person. If for some reason there was a cancellation or no-show and not all members of the group were able to volunteer for that shift, your group would not be awarded this bonus.
Donations will be prorated in the event volunteer groups do not work the whole shift.
- Fridays = $15.62 per hour
- All Other Days= $10 per hour
Dress Code Requirements
We provide a Dorney Park polo shirt for your group workers to wear. Your group workers must wear tan pants for their shift. Shoes should be black or white, non-slip sneakers. Sandals, clogs, open toe, or open back shoes are not permitted.
Please review these appearance requirements:
- A conservative image must be maintained at all times.
- Tattoos on hands, face, neck or hands are prohibited. All other tattoos must be covered while working.
- Hair legth for males must not cover the ears or extend past the shirt collar.
- Extreme hairstyles, including (but not limited to) multi-colored or unnatural hair colors, sculpted hair, tails, braids, ponytails, dreadlocks, partially shaved heads and spikes are not permitted. Shaved patterns in the sides, back or front of the hair are not allowed.
- Heavy, large beaded, or long, dangling necklaces, as well as any body piercings are not permitted. This also includes tongue piercing, as well as any other type of facial piercing. Females may wear up to two earings in the lower earlobe.
- Dress for the weather: You may wish to bring a plain colored (no logos, wording or pictures) sweater, sweatshirt, jacket, raincoat or umbrella with you. We recommend sunscreen.
Types of Positions Available
There are a number of different positions available to volunteer groups. All positions require the ability to stand for long periods of time while working outdoors in all types of weather, and require individuals to possess skills in guest service. Positions include:
Food Operations & Catering
Duties include preparing & serving food, cooking, cleaning, order taking and cash handling.
Age Requirement: 16
Duties include money handling, clearly explaining game rules to participating guests, light cleaning and cash handling. Outgoing individuals preferred.
Age Requirement: 16
Duties include money handling, operating a cash register, light cleaning and stocking of merchandise displays.
Age Requirement: 16
For each individual who completes their shift, Dorney Park will donate 1 ticket to the organization so that your group can come back on another day and enjoy the park. It's a great way to reward your group member's hard work! As the group organizer, you can chose for your block of tickets to either be valid for the current season or for the following season.
- We require documentation showing your group's non-profit status.
- Despite our best efforts to avoid doing so, poor weather may necessitate that we cancel volunteer shifts. We will make every attempt to reschedule in the event that poor weather impacts your group's volunteer efforts.
- Each group member will attend a brief training on our safety and guest service expectations.
- We expect all vounteers to act in a courteous manner and bring smiles and positive energy when they come to volunteer. Our mission at Dorney Park is to provide the Best Day of the year for our guests who visit the park. We think you will have a lot of fun joining us on our mission when your group volunteers!
- Group workers are able to use our associate break areas and locker areas.
- Parking is free, located in our associate parking lot.