ALERT: Mother's Day is THIS Sunday, May 10, 2020
It’s been interesting to see all of the ideas surrounding pandemic birthday vehicle parades, and Zoom happy hours… But we can't forget about Mom! So, here are some “quaran-mom-time” ideas to get Mother’s Day 2020 going in the right direction.
- If you love her, let her sleep. Until about 9 am, give or take. Unless she wants to wake up, let her do that.
- Make her Breakfast. Maybe a Dorney Park Character Breakfast?! We typically host monthly Season Passholder Character Breakfasts during the season at the park. They include an assortment of food items such as scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, and some fruit. Those items are fairly easy to conjure up. Don’t forget the coffee (or tea, or whichever she prefers). If you don’t know what she likes, ask – seriously! Here’s an idea for the kids, have them place their favorite stuffed animals around the bed for true at-home character breakfast.
- Give her a card, or creative masterpiece. ALERT: The kids are not in school, they will not be coming home with their normal Mother’s Day artwork!!! Here’s a start: Download these PEANUTS Mother’s Day printable coloring pages – they’ll be sure to tug on her heartstrings.
- Take her for a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood. Pick some wildflowers around the yard or on your way (please, not from other people’s yards). Even the smallest bluebells and dandelions will be sure to light up mom’s face. If you’re crafty enough, create a dandelion necklace or headpiece.
- What’s for dinner? Order a local curbside meal. Try to order directly from the restaurants unless prohibited by mobility, then GrubHub or UberEats works!
- Mom’s love to dance. Finish off Mother’s Day by having a dance party to some fun music, like “Better When I’m Dancin',” by Meghan Trainor – the official track of THE PEANUTS MOVIE!
Alright now go, you’ve got some planning to do.
If you can’t be with your mom (or you grandmother, or whomever you deem as a motherly figure to you) on Mother’s Day, don’t forget to call/text/video call– it’s so easy to forget we have the technology to connect us right at our fingertips. A moment like that could mean more than you’ll ever know.
If all else fails, remind them of the following 3 things:
- You’re doing amazing – keep up the good work;
- To stop and smell the roses; and
- This too shall pass.
Post a Comment
Papa Luigi – Fresh Pizza at Dorney Park
The Reigning King and Queen of Steel Force
Dining Through Dorney
Steel Force 20th Anniversary
Share the Love - Bring a Friend Discount
Chef Jones' Kitchen: Fat Tuesday Treats!