RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
You will feel the “force” through this white-knuckle maze with a 205-foot drop, two mystifying tunnels, steep banks, dips and turns and speeds reaching 75 miles per hour. This mega-coaster is recognized as one of the best steel roller coasters in the world.
- Opened May 30th, 1997 – was the tallest free-standing roller coaster and the first to break the 200-foot barrier on the East Coast
- The height of the main drop is 205 feet, which is 54 feet higher than the Statue of Liberty.
- The 2nd hill is 161 feet tall.
- The 3rd hill is 100 feet tall.
- The final hill is 85 feet tall.
- Steel Force is the longest steel roller coaster on the East Coast and is the ninth longest steel coaster in the world.
- In 2001, Steel Force was featured on the Discovery Channel special “Top Ten Coasters.”
- In 1997, the Roller Coaster Lover’s Companion – “A Thrill Seeker’s Guide to the World’s Best Coasters” by Steve Urbanowicz – listed Steel Force as the best steel roller coaster.
- Steel Force came in 4th place for the Golden Ticket Awards: Best Steel Coaster for two years running.
Guests must be 48" tall to ride
Rider Safety Information
An out and back hyper steel roller coaster with banked curves and airtime hills. Riders will experience changes in speed and direction, weightlessness, and rapid movements from side to side.
Restraint System: An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis. Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
Rider Criteria: Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below. Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
Rider Access: Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift. A wheelchair lift is available to transport guests from the alternate access entrance to the ride platform. Limit one rider and one companion in lift at a time.
WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.