Celebrate Fat Tuesday with a festive and tradtional New Orleans style meal! Chef Jones has put together a delicious recipe for his favorite Mardi Gras meal - Shrimp & Grits! Chef prepared this meal for guests during our Media preview of Haunt and Group Sales Open House in the fall...and everyone loved it.
- 1 lb. Fresh Shrimp 16/20 (peeled and deveined)
- 10 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1cup of quick grits
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of shredded cheese (any)
- 4 oz. of whole butter
- 1/3 cup of sliced green onion
- 2 Tbls. of kosher salt
- 1Tbls. Cajun spice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon till crispy, save the fat
- Combine milk, water, salt and 2 oz. of butter in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer after adding grits. Stir with wire whip every 2-3 minutes covered add cheese and taste.
- Heat a medium sauté pan with high heat, add bacon fat, vegetable oil remaining butter.
- When butter begins to foam add shrimp. Season shrimp with Cajun spice.
- Sauté shrimp evenly on each side reduce heat if needed.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and bacon bits
- Serve immediately
Post a Comment
#AmazingLooksLike the 2018 Volunteer Challenge
Behind the Scenes: Spring Update
February Feasting: Celebrating Fat Tuesday with Recipes from Chef Don Stauffer
Game Day Game Plan - Step Up Your Food Playbook!
Take the Chill Out of Your Winter with Hot Chocolate Ideas from Chef Don Stauffer
Behind-the-Scenes: Winter Update
How To Avoid Stress & Common Thanksgiving Pitfalls
Chefs Secret: The Perfect Pumpkin Mousse
Planning a Killer Haunted Date Night