Wave Pool« Go Back
At a Glance
|Height Requirement:||48" or accompanied by a supervising companion|
- Opened in 1985 – was one of the largest man-made wave pools in the country
- Holds over 560,000 gallons of water
- Waves run on a 5-minute on and 5-minute off cycle
- Seating is also provided
- In 2003, the wave pool was renovated and a pneumatic wave-making system was added which produces a more realistic ocean wave pattern.
- In 1988, boogie boards were given out for guests to enjoy.
- In 1985, Jim Karabasz, a surfing director, taught surfing every day at the wave pool.
- In June 1985, the waves were big enough to hold the World Professional Inland Surfing Championship.