ThunderHawk« Go Back
At a Glance
|Duration:||1 min., 30 sec.|
|Manufacturer:||Philadelphia Toboggan Co.|
- Opened in 1923 – making it Dorney Park’s oldest roller coaster
- Re-christened "ThunderHawk" prior to the 1989 season.
- Was originally constructed as an “out-and-back” roller coaster, but was reconfigured in 1930 with its present figure-eight pattern, a lengthened trip, and an increased height of 80 feet.
- ThunderHawk is the oldest operating Philadelphia Toboggan Coaster (PTC) company coaster with under wheels. It is also the second oldest operating PTC coaster in the world.
- Designed by Herbert Schmeck