Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Steel Force« Go Back
At a Glance
|Duration:||3 min., 0 sec.|
|Manufacturer:||D.H. Morgan Mfg|
With a 205-foot drop, two tunnels, steep banks and speeds reaching 75 miles per hour, this mega-coaster is recognized as one of the world's best steel roller coasters.
- The height of the main drop is 205 feet which is 54 feet higher then the Statue of Liberty.
- The 2nd hill is 161 feet while the 3rd hill 100 feet and final hill being 85 feet.
- Steel Force is a white-knuckle, fast moving trip though a maze of hills, drops, camelback’s twists, turns and another mystifying tunnel.
- The Roller Coaster Lover’s Companion – A Thrill Seeker’s Guide to the World’s Best Coasters” by Steve Urbanowica, listed steel force as the best steel roller coaster in 1997.
- Steel Force was featured on the Discovery Channel special, “Top Ten Coasters” in 2001.
- Steel Force is the longest steel roller coaster on the East Coast and is the ninth longest steel coaster in the world. It was also the first roller coaster in the east to break the 200-foot barrier.
- Steel Force came in 4th place for the Golden Ticket Awards: Best Steel Coaster for 2 years running.
- Tallest free-standing roller coaster on the East Coast when it opened in 1997.
- Opened: May 30th 1997