At a Glance
||3 min., 0 sec.
||D.H. Morgan Mfg
- Opened May 30th, 1997 – was the tallest free-standing roller coaster and the first to break the 200-foot barrier on the East Coast
- The height of the main drop is 205 feet, which is 54 feet higher than the Statue of Liberty.
- The 2nd hill is 161 feet tall.
- The 3rd hill is 100 feet tall.
- The final hill is 85 feet tall.
- Steel Force is the longest steel roller coaster on the East Coast and is the ninth longest steel coaster in the world.
- In 2001, Steel Force was featured on the Discovery Channel special “Top Ten Coasters.”
- In 1997, the Roller Coaster Lover’s Companion – “A Thrill Seeker’s Guide to the World’s Best Coasters” by Steve Urbanowica – listed Steel Force as the best steel roller coaster.
- Steel Force came in 4th place for the Golden Ticket Awards: Best Steel Coaster for two years running.